Manure Happens

Yes, I went there!  We are currently stationary on a ranch in our RV,  I get to enjoy everything about cows.  This was perfect timing for this fun clear set to be released from Whimsy Stamps.  I enjoyed making this card and love the layout.  I kinda have a soft spot for farm animals.   I needed a little chalkboard so I created one using some recycled Starbucks stir sticks to make this "chalkboard" frame.
Whimsy now has some AMAZING background stamps that are HUGE.  They allow you to create backgrounds for 6x6 card sizes.  I used Shiplap background for this card and used my water alcohol brush and Copics to create the vintage distressed look.  I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and added the little frame.  I stamped the jar, colored and cut it out.  After adding it to the card I stamped the dried flowers partially in the jar and out and added Nuvo Crystal drops to add dimension to the tops of them.  That little cow didn't need much but I added a shadow and fussy cut it out, popping it up off the card.  Of course shabby isn't complete without some vintage buttons and dyed cheese-cloth.  I hope you are inspired by this fun card.


Comments

Viki Banaszak said…
This is a hoot! ANd of course your coloring is perfect.
WrinkleFreeDiva said…
I love all of the layers and textures on this card!

Popular Posts